Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Good Ol' College Try

I am horrible at trying to keep a blog or any kind of journal for that matter.

In the last 5 years of my college experience, I have taken courses at three different universities in three different countries. I have lived in five different countries during these last five years (including what I see as my "home base"-my parents' place-in the USA). I have seen some awe-inspiring sights and had some amazing experiences and though I've pictorially documented my travels (with a really crappy digi cam), I was never able to keep a journal going - my biggest regret.

I would have loved to look back at a journal that I wrote when I was 19 or 20, living in Dijon, France and taking courses at l'Universit
é de Dijon and then comparing that with a journal from my traineeship in Istanbul this past summer (2007). I am pretty sure I would be pretty flabbergasted at the transformation that would have taken place in those 4-5 years.

But alas, I cannot change the past. But maybe I can learn from it. So this is yet another attempt to keep some sort of journal so that I can one day look back at it and relive my time spent here.

No comments: